Zeva Fly Spray toxic to piggies?

MrsKrisS126

New Born Pup
Reaction score
Hello all! Question: My vet is closed, and for some reason my piggies bedroom is fullllll of fruit flies! I have cleaned their cages, and I do NOT know why there are sooo many! Is it safe to use Zeva Fly, roach, and ant spray around my piggies? It says “children and pet safe” to use around, but as Guinea pig parents, we all know Guinea pigs are special animals and are much more sensitive than others! Please help! Thank you, all! Have a blessed day and love those piggies!

Hello all! Question: My vet is closed, and for some reason my piggies bedroom is fullllll of fruit flies! I have cleaned their cages, and I do NOT know why there are sooo many! Is it safe to use Zeva Fly, roach, and ant spray around my piggies? It says “children and pet safe” to use around, but as Guinea pig parents, we all know Guinea pigs are special animals and are much more sensitive than others! Please help! Thank you, all! Have a blessed day and love those piggies!

Hi

No spray needed. Just remove any fruit air your room and the harmless flies will disappear on their own.

Hi

No spray needed. Just remove any fruit air your room and the harmless flies will disappear on their own.
That’s what I don’t understand! There is no fruit in their room! Nor veggies! I take out old food! And I just cleaned their cages of feces and waste! So I don’t know why they’re there! And there’s hundreds of them! All that is in their room is a dresser of my clothes, their toys, and cages, and that’s it! It’s weird! I put a blue light in instead so we’ll see how that goes! Thanks!

Is there a plant in the room? Sometimes they hatch out in the compost.
No! No plants. Just my dresser, and their cages! And the cages are clean! No food out. Nothing. It’s soooo weird! And their toys… only thing I can think of is hay? But the flies are all on the ceiling and walls! Not even flying around them… it’s a little creepy! I got some fruit fly traps that I am setting up as well as the blue light I just put in there. Fingers crossed!

No! No plants. Just my dresser, and their cages! And the cages are clean! No food out. Nothing. It’s soooo weird! And their toys… only thing I can think of is hay? But the flies are all on the ceiling and walls! Not even flying around them… it’s a little creepy! I got some fruit fly traps that I am setting up as well as the blue light I just put in there. Fingers crossed!

They could have come with the hay (which is a natural product so stuff fetches up in it occasionally) although it is rare and I have never heard of anything quite as bad. They are however harmless to your piggies.

Could you go round and try to suck them off with your vacuum cleaner where you can reach?

Back