Younger boar mounting episodes?

rebekah29

New Born Pup
Reaction score
Hi! I have two boys, one around 3 years and one around 2 years. They've been paired for a year and a half now and generally get along really well! Sumo (2 year old) gets into moods every few days though of harassing Chowder (3 year old) and insists on mounting him over and over until hes tuckered out. It just seems to annoy Chowder (like he'd much rather be eating and will just sit and try to eat hay while its happening most of the time) Theres never any biting/blood/actual fights or anything.

Is this just a younger pig thing with Sumo or should he have calmed down by now? I worry it might be stressing Chowder more than it appears, but he also seems like he doesnt care as much as we do haha. (He's a very chill guy)

They get along really well otherwise, snuggle noses before they go to sleep, eat at the pellet bowl together every night, all good things outside of Sumo getting rowdy every few days 😬

Thanks for any help!

That's how my boars are. They're about a year & a half old.
One of them is more busy & boisterous, sometimes he chases my more timid one around the cage & mounts, & the other doesn't seem to mind, he just sits there & takes it or sometimes he screams out lol but next thing you know they're eating hay happily together.
Same with mine, no fights or anything but my other one is definitely more dominant than the other.

Testosterone!

Back