Yoghurt drops

Amyrose1978

New Born Pup
Reaction score
We got some yoghurt drop treats for our new rats and wondered if Guinea Pigs can have them as a treat? The packet does say they're for rodents and has a pic of a Guinea Pig on it....but what packaging says and the experts (that's you) says are often different things.

I'd say no, guinea pigs are lactose intollerant.
Ah thank you, we've never given them anything except what's recommended on here before. Glad I double checked! Tis bad that their advertised for rodents with guineas on the packaging though.

I‘d also avoid giving them to guinea pigs.

My rats favorite treats when I had them were, boiled egg in the shell (they spend ages getting into one of those!), dried mealworms and once every couple of weeks they would get a very small bit of dark (86%) chocolate as a treat.

The egg should not be too often, same with chocolate.

I‘d also avoid giving them to guinea pigs.

My rats favorite treats when I had them were, boiled egg in the shell (they spend ages getting into one of those!), dried mealworms and once every couple of weeks they would get a very small bit of dark (86%) chocolate as a treat.

The egg should not be too often, same with chocolate.
I had rats a lifetime ago and have just got two lil girls, although I have experience with them, I'm still double checking things on a rat group.

Our animals have their lil lives in our hands and I would hate to harm them by being misinformed.

I had rats a lifetime ago and have just got two lil girls, although I have experience with them, I'm still double checking things on a rat group.

Our animals have their lil lives in our hands and I would hate to harm them by being misinformed.
Things change all the time that checking is always a good idea.
Rattie pics pleeeeease 🙂🙂

Unfortunately a lot of commercial treats aren't really recommended - they tend to contain things which aren't appropriate.

Back