Yarn

lavender91

Junior Guinea Pig
Reaction score
Hey, I'm into knitting and I was wondering if there's a safe yarn or string-like material I could use to make a cozy hay bed or a napping spot? I thought I'd ask here because everyone's so much friendlier when I feel like I'm asking silly questions. On Reddit, you can get attacked for not knowing the right answer right away.

You don’t ask silly questions - you are doing the right thing in checking and we are all happy to help.

I would not do this with a knitted item. The threads are considerably looser and will pose a risk of them getting nails and feet, potentially teeth caught in the item. It also wouldn’t be safe if they tried to chew it.
If you can also sew then sewing fleece items is safer.

You don’t ask silly questions - you are doing the right thing in checking and we are all happy to help.

I would not do this with a knitted item. The threads are considerably looser and will pose a risk of them getting nails and feet, potentially teeth caught in the item. It also wouldn’t be safe if they tried to chew it.
If you can also sew then sewing fleece items is safer.
Thank you I appreciate that I'm glad I gave this forum a second chance I like it here better than reddit

Hey, I'm into knitting and I was wondering if there's a safe yarn or string-like material I could use to make a cozy hay bed or a napping spot? I thought I'd ask here because everyone's so much friendlier when I feel like I'm asking silly questions. On Reddit, you can get attacked for not knowing the right answer right away.

I’m so glad that you feel this forum is so friendly. I agree with you. I love being part of this community. Ask lots of questions. It’s how we learn ❤️

Back