• Discussions taking place within this forum are intended for the purpose of assisting you in discussing options with your vet. Any other use of advice given here is done so at your risk, is solely your responsibility and not that of this forum or its owner. Before posting it is your responsibility you abide by this Statement

wounds

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
I've posted before about my two boars fighting, and everyday I clean there wounds with salty water. Today when I was feeding Sausage and giving him cuddles, I noticed a scab had fallen off. It is a really big hole, and looks deep too. It looks infected:

SP_A0223.jpg

So I cleaned it with more salty water and it started to bleed:

SP_A0224.jpg

Should I take him to the vet tomorrow?
thanks Jenn x

I would take him to the vet - looks like a little abcess to me so may need some antibiotics and probiotics.

Untill you get to the vet you should use some antibiotic ointment. When my pig had her ear ripped in half the nurse told me to put antibiotic ointment on it 'till i could take her in to the vet.

Awww just saw this thread love, yep i'd reckon and abscess too, looks just like the wound Duke's had :'(
Don't worry with meds and lots of TLC you can get rid of them nasty dam things :tickedoff: :tickedoff: :tickedoff:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back