• Discussions taking place within this forum are intended for the purpose of assisting you in discussing options with your vet. Any other use of advice given here is done so at your risk, is solely your responsibility and not that of this forum or its owner. Before posting it is your responsibility you abide by this Statement

worried

• Thread starter Thread starter 4piggies
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.

4piggies

Hi, wonder if anyone out there can help? My newest piggie is just getting over a urinary infection. he is on antibiotics and a drug to help his gut as it stopped moving 5 days ago.he stopped eating which caused this. I syringe fed him and got him eating again but he is still not eating like normal and is loosing weight. I have also noticed his coat is getting very thin in places. has anyone experienced this? Could it be a reation to the antibiotics?

really sorry,I can't help, I'm sure someone "in the know" will be on soon
take care s xx

First off welcome to the forum from us in OZ :)
Of course your worried, you poor thing :'(
If he's still loosing weight and your still feeding him either Science Recovery or CC i'd be back to the vets pronto O0
He might need to have another course of meds :-\ :-\
Sending lots of healing wheeks to your piggie and hugs for you :smitten: :smitten:

If you don't hear from Karen or Mary (moderators with brill knowledge) i'd pm them for help O0 they wont mind O0

Yeah I think it I were you I'd give the Vet a quick phone call - most of them are OK with giving advice over the phone. Just tell him all that's happening and ask if there's anything more you can do. Good luck O0 and welcome to this brilliant forum - I'm sure you'll get lots of help and advice.

Re: on the mend

Thanks for all your advice and comments. My boy "barbosa" has since made excellent progress. His eating is nearly back to normal and is tucking into his veg now. he has gone off carrots though since being ill! He has stopped loosing weight but now he needs to put it back on. Any good ideas as how to do this?

Brilliant news! O0 Apparently Science Selective is a good rebuilding food (but not to be kept on forever). Burgess Supa Guinea Excel pellets or mix are both really good too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back