• Discussions taking place within this forum are intended for the purpose of assisting you in discussing options with your vet. Any other use of advice given here is done so at your risk, is solely your responsibility and not that of this forum or its owner. Before posting it is your responsibility you abide by this Statement

worried mum

• Thread starter Thread starter cheeseandpickles_mum
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
C

cheeseandpickles_mum

I adopted a guinea pig from a friend a few weeks ago, when i first got her (pickle) she had conjunctivitus, which cleared up. I then got her a friend and they got on well. Now her conjunctivitus is back but she sort of sniffs alot when she breathes Is this normal? Cheese is fine and her eyes are fine. I have only been able to get her into the vets on friday because my local vet is allergic to them? the vets have said they will fit her is earlier if they need to. I am really worried about her, any advice?
Claire

sorry whats a URI? i'll phone the vets first thing tomorrow and get her in with the allergic vet.
thanks

One of mine has had an upper respiraotry infection over the last week or two, she's on antibiotics and it's clearing up, try not to worry too much the vet will sort her out, it sounds scary but a few antibiotics should do the trick :) x

yeah, sounds like URI which is an upper respiratory infection. is she eating and drinking? get her to a vet asap. O0 he/she will probably give anti-biotics. it could be an allergy, but more likely URI. good luck :) ((((big hugs and lots of love to you and her))))

thanks everyone. she is eating fine, and drinking but the sniffing has worried me a treat. i am so attached to them both in such a short period of time. i'll get her to the vets tomorrow
thanks

don't worry yourself silly, hunny, she should be ok, with some vet treatment. :)

yeah i know i wasn't saying instead. i was saying might it help in addition to proper vetrinary care. i would definitely recommend going to the vets, and i would never suggest that ANYTHING should be a substitute for that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back