• Discussions taking place within this forum are intended for the purpose of assisting you in discussing options with your vet. Any other use of advice given here is done so at your risk, is solely your responsibility and not that of this forum or its owner. Before posting it is your responsibility you abide by this Statement

worried about bubbles

• Thread starter Thread starter tawny
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
T

tawny

took bubbles back to the vets today as they wanted to keep an eye on her. she still isn't really walking but bunny hopping but the vet doesn't think that is anything to do with her losing weight.

bubbles weight has gone down quite a bit, she only comes out to feed at dinner time and only really nibbles, the rest of the day she just hides away and doesn't touch food or water.

I've been getting her out and encouraging her to have some fresh veg but she doesn't seem interested in hay at all and doesn't eat much dried food. I'm giving her water every so many hours.

the vet checked her out again to day and couldn't feel or find anything. she did say the teeth were slightly bent in and wondered if maybe it is catching the tongue. when bubbles eats she seems to be making a crunch noise even when eating lettuce.

anyway bubbles has to go back in Monday morning and be put under so they can have a good look and maybe grind the teeth down. I'm so worried about this but i do trust this vets more so than the original vets i had.

wish i could get her good and strong but she really can't be bothered to eat :(

ahhh bless her,good luck for monday, i hope all goes well,and they find the problem. Hugs and thoughts to you
x paulax

Poor little Bubbles :'( :'( :'(
Have you started to syringe feed then? This will help enormously O0
Crossing our paws for her toofie visit on Monday and sending healing vibes too :smitten: :smitten: :smitten: :smitten: :smitten: :smitten: :smitten: :smitten: :smitten: :smitten:

I'm so sorry to hear Bubbles is ill! Sending you and her so much piggy lovins! :smitten:

Good luck at the vets, keep us updated!

If the inscissors are bending inwards there is a very good chance that the molars are overgrown,or have spurs that are sticking into the soft palette.

You are probably doing this anyway,but if Bubbles is not eating much you need to syringe feed her until she is able to eat again.Piggies that do not eat for even a short time are in danger of developing irreversable gut problems.They are grazers and as such need to be nibbling and eating most of the time.
Again,forgive me if you are doing this already,but Daktarin oral gel will ease the soreness if there is a spur or ulcer.The gel can be used for a few days after any dental treatment.If you have not used it before,just put a small pea size blob straight into the mouth.Cuddle the piggy for ten minutes,to give the gel a chance to melt round the mouth.
Mary

What breed of guinea pig is Bubbles? Could you post a pigture please?
K

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back