Woop woop - go me!

• Thread starter Thread starter CharlottiesPiggies
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
C

CharlottiesPiggies

Just cleaned the ark out in like 5 minutes flat lol, its easy coz I use rubber gloves, just grabbed it all, composted the straw and I'm burning the paper, then just replaced it all - the ark was so rotten though, just hope it being in the shed dries it out, as when mum and I shifted it the bottom fell out, so I'm on the hunt for a cheapish little ark lol thats not too rotten

Why not a hutch that will fit in the shed? That was my original plan but my hutches would fit through the door as they are 5x2 ::) So I brought one hutch indoors! :D

You can put paper on your compost it will degrade, do you have a recycling bin? (My new years resolution is to think more of the environment!) I know if I set fire to things I'd blow myself up...lol

Good luck hunting for suitable housing. :)

i have found some nice ones on the internet, its just getting the right size, i might look for one that could take 4 guineas with a big house section, i dont know yet - will look and see whats around :D

Merry_and_Rosie said:
i have found some nice ones on the internet, its just getting the right size, i might look for one that could take 4 guineas with a big house section, i dont know yet - will look and see whats around :D

The bigger the better. :smitten: Sometimes its best to go look locally that way you can check the quailty of them. Our first 4ft one that we got when Trinny and Susannah were babies soon got to small for them even though 4ft is an ok size for 2 according to the books. Thats now a spare. :smitten:

I have a five foot four one which is excellent for space and my other half built me two more 5ft ones that are insullated and built into the shed.

Happy piggy house hunting. So many to choose from lol

If your thinking of getting one hutch for four piggies I'm sure I'm right thinking you need a six foot hutch at least. I'm sure Louise will confirm this.

Lindsay

Lots to choose from out their

yeh well lots of them I have seen dont have a door system thing like mine, just an open ark thing, so I'm not sure, just have to keep looking really, id prefer a more square-er shape than triangular, but, meh, I'm looking at all the sites :D

Yep 6ft is 4 for pigs 5ft for 3 and so on. :) It's amazing how quick they grow. My girls were ok sleeping in a Nero 3 of a night but now they are so big and I felt it wasn't fair on them so they are in a 4x2 c&c want to make it bigger once I move all the Xmas toys! ::)

If you see any you like post some pics up. Be nice to see them. :)

I have found this one that I like
rabbit_run.jpg
and they do it in Small - Extra Large. I have emailed them to ask for dimensions of the large one which is £36.00

Have a look at houses/Hutches for them I'm sure they will be alot more snug in a proper Guinea house.

One of those iArcs in the biggest size possible would be more suitable for summer to use as a run when they are outside on the lawn. My girls run is 5ft by 5ft and they love popcorning around in that with all their toys. Cant wait for warmer weather so they can be out on the lawn again :smitten:

Three of my girls live together in a 5ft 4 hutch they have a house each and love each other but also like some space. I would be worried that a chicken run wouldnt give them enough space and comfort.

Post more pics as you find them. I like seeing ideas :smitten:

i might pop into pets at home today, being taken away for the night by a guy mate of mine :smitten: hes lovely.....so I need to get some supplies before I go :D

I agree with Linday I think an arc, even though it is in the shed exposes them to the elements. I would use it as a run in the summer.

Have a look at hutches before you make a decision. I have a Lavander Lodge from there, it was expensive though £99.00 but it's 5x2 and my two boars love it. Measure your door frame first though the Lavander Lodge is 27 inches in width and I couldn't fit that through the shed door which was 23 inches, I tried everything...lol!

Zooplus have some hutches as well. :)

went into pets at home, theuy have some nice hutches in there, but i mean I have a hutch anyway - I just got an email from Ideas4pets, regarding dimensions, and they said

Hi

Thank you for your enquiry

The Large run (RB585) measures: 47" long x 18" wide

The XLarge Run (RB500) measures: 67" long x 19.5" wide

Free range in the shed with an open hutch maybe? Even its it just part of the shed divided off with grids or something. That way they can exercise when they want not when you want :)

That's a smashing idea Karen. What size is your hutch that you have? I think theres no need to spend out if you don't need to and any money saved can go towards giving the girls lots of treats in the way of veggies or putting away for any vet fees you may need. :)

those arc things just dont looks nice for full time accomodation to me...I would keep them freerange, or maybe build some hutches into the shed yourself?

mine are free range in the shed with a nesting box that they can go into anytime and aunty wanda bought them a ex-lge log cabin. :smitten:

They have a snugglesafe on an evening and get covered with blankets.

just had to shut up shed as it is pouring with rain and they were squeaking as though to say hurry up mam its raining we are getting wet :)

goldilocks said:
mine are free range in the shed with a nesting box that they can go into anytime and aunty wanda bought them a ex-lge log cabin. :smitten:

They have a snugglesafe on an evening and get covered with blankets.

just had to shut up shed as it is pouring with rain and they were squeaking as though to say hurry up mam its raining we are getting wet :)
do you have any piccies of the free range ? :D

iv decided to buy this....
HAPPYHUTCH%20ALL%20WIRE%20RUN%20SMALL.jpg

its going to be quality as I have also bought an igloo and some drainage pipe which they are all gonna love, just gotta wait for it to be delivered!

oooh that looks great O0 what feet is it ?

I have a 8ft by something and i never use it unless its summer

How much did you pay for it ? ::)

whats on the bottom of it, in the pic it looks like they have added pretend grass? It is a nice size, are you going to put a couple of places for them to sleep in?

its 5ft x 3ft which will fit perfect into the shed, its got several doors and top lift thing, so i can get right in there - it cost £82 with delivery free, very strongly built runs though.

in terms of housing, i bought them an igloo today, and a nice drainage pipe, they will have those two and probably a cardboard box with various other toys to keep them amused. Overall I'm pleased ;D

i have one BIIIIIIIIIIIIIIG igloo, all four of them snuggle in the big shoe box and hamish likes the drain pipe, I'm gonna give them lotsa things to go :smitten:

My run also has the top so when i use it outside predators cant get to them O0 Mine is 8ft by 4ft i think and it cost me $50 delivered too and the man also said do i want it put up too but silly me just said oh no its alright ;D ;D

Oh and i would put more igloos in there just in case O0

I use steps for igloos, you know the ones you can get from pound shops. Far cheaper and as my boars are massive they prefer them! :) Mine don't like toys, prefer to eat all day! 98) I've bought them alkinds and it's just been a waste! :tickedoff: ;D

Mine dont use igloos they just throw them everywhere, Ralfie uses his big log bridge to sit on or under but the girls use them as a means of escape ;D Maggie got into Ralf's cage the other day (dont worry he's neutered and a gentle giant) shes a little escape artist, she'll get out of anywhere! they love anything they can stand on and jump off but they just sleep in the middle of the cage, i think they like to see whats going on ;D

thats not a bad point bout going to the pound shop, lots good stuff in there for building tihngs out of >:D ^-^

I like that, looks good. If your shed isnt heated, maybe fish out an old blacket or duvet to cover it over at night?

yeh we got lotsa old towels and blankets ::) a heated shed...pfft....that'll be the day hun!

I agree with PP, I have two igloos per cage. I noticed today Flora shouting at Fleur to get out of her igloo! It's best for them to have 1 each, they can have alone time. The only time Fleur and Flora share an igloo is when I am trying to pick them up.

Sunshine and Twinks would never share, hell would freeze over first. Pudsey runs into Eccles' igloo but then rumbles at him, so in their case they need one each too. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back