woody pet like megozorb?

• Thread starter Thread starter kansas
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
K

kansas

Hi, I don't have a Guinea Pig yet but have been doing research and from what I'm reading about the Megazorb it sounds a lot like Woody Pet. I use it for my dogs litter box and know some people that use it for cats. It says on the website that it can be used for small animals as well. Does anyone know? It is compressed wood pellets that when get wet break down into a saw dust type consistency. Alot like the other stuff... :-\

Wow! Your dog uses a litter tray?!?! I wish mine did.

That stuff probably could be used for small animals, I used to use something smiliar for my rats, but it was very hard under their feet.

Megazorb doesn't crumble when it's wet, it just expands - So it doesn't sound like Megazorb to me - but compressed shaving pellets maybe?

Megazorb isn't expensive and it's readily available. Best bedding I have used.

Yep my dogs use a litter box at night. It is in there sleeping kennels and when they have to go potty it is great! I dont have to get up in the night to let them out. I dont know of anywhere around me that sells the megazorb and since I already use the woddy pet I thought it would be convenient if it would work safely for the Guinea pigs also. It is very inexpensive 30 pounds for $5 and it lasts a good 4 months if not longer. I change it out about once a week or 2 depends on how used it gets.

Megazorb is wood pulp and can be used for pigs although I find it too dusty (although it is less dusty then some of the available bedding)

the more I read abot them I think they are pretty much the same product. I'm not sure if I can post the site on here so I will just say it is called woody pet and if you look that up you will see what I'm talking about. :)

It says that it turns to sawdust when wet , sawdust can irritate piggies noses and a lot are allergic to it.

Thanks for posting the site.. yes it is compressed and when it gets wet it doesnt dry out so much like the saw dust, it just breaks down a lot and then when it is all wet you can dispose of it. It doesnt really smell either, no amonia odor unless you leave it to long....lol

To be honest I can't say I am a megazorb fan anymore, not after my vet seemed to think it contributed to Cuzzy's illness, I wouldn't chance it because of the dust particles. :(

I have said this before, and I think to the same person...when wet, it expands and then turns to a very fine dust. So not only could it be dangerous for guineas if injested, and cause them problems from having to walk across the pellets, it could also cause resp problems from the fine dust.

So like I said, no, this is NOT suitable for guineas in my opinion...

I know someoen that uses it with their rats, and uses it in the corners only of their guineas cage to absorb the most mess, but I still wouldnt recommend it :)

Why dont you just use some vetbed or fleece? You cant tell me thats not available outside the UK ;D

And megazorb is nothing liek it....its not hard pellets, its like soft cardboard almost :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back