Woodshavings?

• Thread starter Thread starter sarsmccabe
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
S

sarsmccabe

Right i have gave fleece a go and didn't like it as my boars just crawled under it all the time, even if i taped it down so gave up after about 7 hours. I have now tried Megazorb and am not sure about it. I found it to have a strange smell and didn't think it was that much better than the woodshavings. I am planning to use vet bed on 1/4 of my home built cage but this wont be done untill my partner gets holidays. I will still need to find something for the rest of the cage.
Should i stick with the megazorb?
Continue to use woodshavings?
or has anyone tried Bedmax (the larger shavings)?

I'm allergic to woodshavings so I'm not a big fan. To be honest any dust is bad thats why I stick with fleece. I would keep them on Megazorb as it is less dusty than shavings. :)

I did that too...haha! Just a thin layer is fine I put newspaper down first. I thought it had a woody smell. But even with megazorb I found I had a layer of dust on my nose when I put my head in the bag! 98)

Its good stuff albeit a little more expensive. Thankfully, I have found someone local who stocks it.

just found a local supplier. I liked the megazorb but found it smelt a bit and didn't look that nice in the cage. (i like my piggies to look nice when poeple visit as they are in the livingroom) x

haha I found Megazorb looked nice when it was in a clean cage like this

FloraFleur.jpg

Flora.jpg

Fleur.jpg

My 2 girls were only little at the time and slept in a Nero 3 and had a run for all day in a C&C in my living room. They now live in a 5x2 hutch and are tubbymisses! ;D

thay are so gorgeous. It doesn't stay clean like that for long. My OH was asking what i was doing when he came in from work and i said i was picking up the poos for the cage looked nice, he said i have finally lost the plot. haha. x

I think it only looks dirty because it IS dirty! Because shavings are kicked up so easily they tend to hide the mess from view slightly better. I've never had a problem with the smell of megazorb. At least it doesn't act as an irritant like the oils in pine shavings.

You must have very awkward pigs, I have 5 currently, have used fleece for over 2 years and I have NEVER had any go under the fleece!

Eccles gets under his fleece sometimes, not so much now but when he was skittish and a baby he would do it, you'd just see this little blob under there. Bless him! :smitten:

i find my girls now lie under there fleece bed i bought to go in the cage. I was shouting at my partner for little them out the cage and loosing one this afternoon and she was under the bed the whole time.

Is Aubiouse the same as Hemcore?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back