woodshavings

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
I used to use woodshavings in my piggies till i read so many negatives about it so i stoped but if i used it under lots of hay would that make it any safer as it is better at holding smells than newspaper and hay xx

There are lots of other material available to use in place of shavings. Some of them actually work out cheaper than shavings. So why bother to use dusty shavings?

I personally dont see a problem with shavings and have used it since i had piggies even when i was like 8 years old ;D

If you dont like it by just reading reviews then thats your choice and theres soo many varieties of different bedding types out there that there is bound to be one you like to use for your piggies so good luck O0

I personally like shavings. I buy them in a huge bale from a horse company and store it in the garage with the plastic open to help get rid of the smell so by the time a spread them out in the shed there is hardly any smell.

Its more economical for me as I do not like the fleece option.

I use woodshavings over newspaper & hay on top for the out door guinea pigs - it works well. I've used them with no real problems for over 20 years. I buy the bales & store in the garage.

For the indoor piggies however I use vet bed - it's great, none of the mess of wood shavings in the home. Any moisture wicks away but I need to sweep out their cage very day & change the fleece every few days minimum.

This is now the layout of my cage half of it is covered in newspaper with fleese on top at the moment they are pooing on the fleese but not weeing which is good and the other half is newspaper with woodshavings on top and straw on top of that and that is were they are pooing so ill leave it like that for a while and see how it goes x

At last i have just found a supplier of easibed about a ten minute ride from my house hip hip hooray :D all that serching on the internet has paid off x

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back