Wooden Toys

HairyPiggy

New Born Pup
Reaction score
Hi there so I am just wondering if anyone has any recommendations for wooden toys for guinea pigs as we have tried them on fleece bedding and it stank the whole room out so we have had to switch to using wood shavings and we are worried that if we got them fleece toys then they would smell. Any recommendations will be greatly appreciated. Thanks :)

A wicker tunnel , a wooden log arch , carrot house ( made of cardboard) and I fill a brown paper bag with hay and with a bit of dry forage in it. You don’t need to spend a lot. Any cardboard box with two openings cut in it. Fill a loo roll with hay for nibbling. I’m sure other owners will offer lots more advice and ideas 😊

Fleece bedding can work very well but it has to be done properly.
Ensuring the cage is large enough, that the fleece is properly wicking and the absorbent layer underneath is working well. These things all help. Pee pads can help as well as they can be changed more regularly.

A Detailed Guide For Fleece Bedding

In terms of hides, you can buy any wooden hide which is safe and has two exits (you don’t particjlarly want single exit hides as they can be a point of tension).
This is our guide which may help you with other ways to keep your piggies entertained

Enrichment Ideas for Guinea Pigs

As well as wooden bridges mine just love tunnels to play in.
A carrot cottage or a paper bag full of hay also give piggies hours of fun

Back