Wooden cage question

LaurenS

Junior Guinea Pig
Reaction score
Those that have/had a wooden cage. I changed from a c&c to a custom wooden cage and now am realising how easy c&c’s we’re to clean 😂
One of my pigs tends to pee up the walls and I’m just looking for ideas of how to protect the wood from this. I’m lining the floor with lino/vinyl, i was considering putting this up the sides too but just wondered what others had done.

When we had a wooden hutch (very short lived) I used lino on the floor and cut it a little too big so it went up the sides a bit as well.
Then I lined the walls and corners with contact paper (sticky back plastic) in the corners and main pee areas, pushed the very tightly fitting lino in over the top to stop them chewing it.
The lino came up the wall by about 5 sms, and the sticky back plastic went much higher.

When we had a wooden hutch (very short lived) I used lino on the floor and cut it a little too big so it went up the sides a bit as well.
Then I lined the walls and corners with contact paper (sticky back plastic) in the corners and main pee areas, pushed the very tightly fitting lino in over the top to stop them chewing it.
The lino came up the wall by about 5 sms, and the sticky back plastic went much higher.
Oh that’s an idea, I’ll have to have a look for some of the contact paper online, haven’t heard of it before. Thanks!

You can get it from Amazon or the likes of B&Q and B&M bargains!
I have a wooden cage which we have a limo base, thankfully my boys don’t pee up the walls though so I have never had this issue!

We have the plastic-tray types of cage and occasionally we find the pee spray up the walls and on the underside of the bedroom roofs!

Back