Wood Shavings

Tea2018

Junior Guinea Pig
Reaction score
Hi everyone!

I’m looking for a place that sells quality wood shavings (as dust free as possible) in bulk please that deliver. Shavings from Pets at Home etc are so expensive.

Can anyone please share what they buy with possible links? Thank you so much 🙏

I don’t know any links but I liked snowflake woodshavings and snowflake softchip when I used them. Perhaps do a search to see where you can buy them locally.

It would help to know roughly where you are based.
This information is not available in your profile, but it would be great if you could update it.

I tend to use aubiose or megazorb as a first choice but if I do use shavings, I also buy Snowflake shavings or soft chip in 20kg bales. I get it from Amazon. You may also find a local farm shop or equine shop may sell it

Hi, we don't use wood shavings anymore but when we did this is the one we used...they do deliver but I'm not sure on areas (were in the North East of the UK) it was always good...had a few bigger chunks in but they were easy to sift out when pulling it lose...

Premium Wood Shaving Bale 20Kg

My local equine supply shop sells snowflake wood shavings for about £7. It’s bigger than the largest pets at home bale. See if you have an equine store near you. They also do large bags of hay for £8 too.

Pet shop wood shaving prices are ridiculous! The mark up is unreal.

Buy horse ones. Our horses use either Thoroughbred or Snowflake shavings. £7-9 on average, depending on what you buy. You just need storage for the large bale.

I use Thoroughbred dust extracted horse shavings form the local horse and farm store, around £8 a bale :)

Back