Wondering piggie

rachie66

New Born Pup
Reaction score
So i have two males together 1 is a baby. I'm waiting to get paid to upgrade to c&c cage. But i leave the cage door open. The big piggie loves to explore and run around. He sits in a hidy hole most of the time. He still goes into the cage when he wants to. Am i being too generous 😕 he runs around and squeaks at me and he popcorns alot. But i thought the extra space may stop fights when the baby piggy is older.

Allowing them time out of their cage is absolutely fine - whether they want to do it is another matter! Make sure you have lots of hiding places to make them feel safe.

Extra space won’t stop fights as such - if two piggies are not compatible, then they are going to fall out regardless. However, having lots of space is important particularly for boars as lack of space will certainly cause problems. Ensure their cage is 180x60cm or a 2x5 c&c.
When you change their cage to a c&c, you need to make sure you keep the soiled bedding from their old cage and out it into their new cage So it still smells of them. A new cage is a change of territory and will cause a reestablishing of their relationship so minimising they impact of this is important

A Comprehensive Guide to Guinea Pig Boars

Allowing them time out of their cage is absolutely fine - whether they want to do it is another matter! Make sure you have lots of hiding places to make them feel safe.

Extra space won’t stop fights as such - if two piggies are not compatible, then they are going to fall out regardless. However, having lots of space is important particularly for boars as lack of space will certainly cause problems. Ensure their cage is 180x60cm or a 2x5 c&c.
When you change their cage to a c&c, you need to make sure you keep the soiled bedding from their old cage and out it into their new cage So it still smells of them. A new cage is a change of territory and will cause a reestablishing of their relationship so minimising they impact of this is important

A Comprehensive Guide to Guinea Pig Boars

They have been together for two weeks and never had any fights. I wanna give them the best life but I'm getting the two teir c&c 2x7 cage so i give them more then enough. But if the baby got older and fights occur they can be separated and i would have enough room for them. But for now they just run around the floor. They are able to get back in.

They have been together for two weeks and never had any fights. I wanna give them the best life but I'm getting the two teir c&c 2x7 cage so i give them more then enough. But if the baby got older and fights occur they can be separated and i would have enough room for them. But for now they just run around the floor. They are able to get back in.

That’s good. It takes them two weeks to fully form their relationship. You don’t say how old the baby is, but it’s generally only once the youngster becomes a teenager that you would start any issues (if there were to be any) come to light.

A 2x7 on the single level is a big enough cage for them. (Upper levels don’t count towards the cage size)

Back