Wobbly c&c

Bettyb26

Junior Guinea Pig
Reaction score
Hi guys,

I have just got my first c&c cage and as far as I can tell I’ve put it together correctly and used loads of extra cable ties and everything but the top layer seems a bit wobbly? It’s a stacked 4x2 and the whenever the two boys in the top move around the whole thing kind of shakes, is this normal or have I missed something? I’ve attached a video for reference. Thank you 🙏

Sorry the video is too big but here’s a picture, I think I may have put the connectors the wrong way around (they’re facing inwards) so the coroplast isn’t sitting right

Attachments

• 6E383728-3ACB-47A7-884B-E2FCF6E66DF1.webp
    6E383728-3ACB-47A7-884B-E2FCF6E66DF1.webp
    76.3 KB · Views: 43
Hi, I think you're right, the connectors normally go at the top and bottom and that hides a bit more rigidity. Afraid that means a lot if work to change it!

Does it seems a bit higher than the ones I saw being advertised?

Hi, I think you're right, the connectors normally go at the top and bottom and that hides a bit more rigidity. Afraid that means a lot if work to change it!
That should say "provides" not "hides" :doh:

I've only ever had single level c&c though, but if I had a double level one I would probably put some support between the levels along the sides.

That should say "provides" not "hides" :doh:

I've only ever had single level c&c though, but if I had a double level one I would probably put some support between the levels along the sides.
Thank you, I think it’s maybe just how it is because I’ve studied the kavee website and I’m sure I’ve put it together properly 🤔 we’ve put another grid at the front and it seems a bit better so I’ll see how it goes

Does it seems a bit higher than the ones I saw being advertised?
It does seem huge haha but it’s just a double stacked one from the Kavee website so I guess that’s how it’s supposed to be

I would also consider using cable ties (can’t see them, sorry if they’re there) and also putting something under the top floor for support. When I had a 2x5, I ran two lengths of wood through the grids underneath the top floor.

And I think the connectors may be facing wrong way. I remember putting them facing down on the top edge.

I would also consider using cable ties (can’t see them, sorry if they’re there) and also putting something under the top floor for support. When I had a 2x5, I ran two lengths of wood through the grids underneath the top floor.

And I think the connectors may be facing wrong way. I remember putting them facing down on the top edge.
Thank you, I was just thinking about something going under the coroplast on the top. I’ve changed the connectors around on the top too 😅

The open area at the front between the top and bottom cages is very wide. If you can attach a long piece of wood under the front edge (just cable tie it on) it will help a lot to support it.

Do you have any spare grids left? Closing up all the gaps in the back wall of the cage will help a lot with rigidity.

Back