Winter Weather Tips !

Status
Not open for further replies.

JordanAimee

New Born Pup
Reaction score
Hi All,

I have three boars that live outside in a hutch, both are covered in a thermal hutch cover, I also have fleece draped over the fronts under the covers and lots of hay in the bedding area , and a fleece under a pigloo. I warm up snugglesafe heat pads every night for them. The hutches are in a sheltered area in a corner of the garden next to my living room window and next doors conservatory.

Question is what other insulation warmth source tips have you all got ? because I'm so worried about them even though they're all big lads who seem to be coping just fine !

jordan

Sounds like you're doing well! Your pigs certainly sound better off than me, hands like icicles. Can't think of much more you could do! Try not to worry:P think of all the fur they have!

I worry about mine in the back room in the night. The heating is off but they have heat pads under their cosies...

Thankfully the weather has got a bit milder the last week or so , and they are coping really well so have stopped the heat pads at night, it will make it more worthwhile when the temperature drops again !

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back