• Discussions taking place within this forum are intended for the purpose of assisting you in discussing options with your vet. Any other use of advice given here is done so at your risk, is solely your responsibility and not that of this forum or its owner. Before posting it is your responsibility you abide by this Statement

Wilsons eye?

• Thread starter Thread starter baby-wilson
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
B

baby-wilson

Hey... for a few months now wilsons eyelid has sagged downsort of... the vet said it is probably nerve damage... what do you think?
Wilson is only about 1 year old and its only his right eye that does it... ?

Thanks guys... heres a few pics of his eye...

100_1738.jpg

100_1739.jpg

Tonni's does that now and again - probabl more, but it's not highly noticeable :) A weakened nerve can surely be the answer for the gorgeous fella :)

aww okay thanks... is there anything that could have caused it? and is there anything i can do?

Thanks

From the pic it looks like fatty eye,but he is a bit young to have this.If it is fatty eye there is nothing you can do.It is painless and does not bother the piggy.It is a fairly common condition,and seems to occur more in boars than sows. Mary

Sully had a 'droopy' eye too, the vets were sure that he's been severley bumped as a little guy :(
It never bothered him, we tried to do exercises for the eye by holding it up to strengthen the eyelid but it never worked. We just left it alone, but i did find he had the tendency to get it irritated with the hay or when outside. I made sure he never was in the sun for long incase it burnt the eyelid.
For Wilson :-* :-*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back