Will I offer the best home for a guinea pig?

CTWC

Teenage Guinea Pig
Reaction score
So how do you know if you're the best option for a guinea pigs new home or if someone else would do a better job? 🤔

Basically, all a guinea pig needs is fresh food and water, hidey houses and enrichment, reliable care and (constant) cleaning. If you can offer that than you're going to be a great piggy slave! 😊

Yes we already have some guinea pigs however myself and another person are wanting to adopt another one and I'm wondering if she would be the better carer for him but we have first refusal 🤔

I think you should take them. Don’t doubt yourself. You are a wonderful piggy slave and will give this piggy the very best life.

As you have first refusal if you let them go you may always regret it. Whereas they are second in line so it’s not their decision.

Self doubt actually answers the question itself. I am part of a rescue who regularly vet potential adopters. The best homes are the ones where the adopters listen, ask questions and care very deeply about the pig’s welfare and happiness more than their own wants.

If you’ve got first refusal you were approved first ahead of someone else who meets the criteria. You are clearly a very caring owner. I’d take that first refusal, and see how dating goes. It’s naturally a bit of an unsettling time while you are waiting for a piggy. But it shows how caring you are as an owner. It may be that the pigs decide for you!

Self doubt actually answers the question itself. I am part of a rescue who regularly vet potential adopters. The best homes are the ones where the adopters listen, ask questions and care very deeply about the pig’s welfare and happiness more than their own wants.

If you’ve got first refusal you were approved first ahead of someone else who meets the criteria. You are clearly a very caring owner. I’d take that first refusal, and see how dating goes. It’s naturally a bit of an unsettling time while you are waiting for a piggy. But it shows how caring you are as an owner. It may be that the pigs decide for you!
Thank you for your supportive words they are appreciated 💙

I agree with @YvonneBlue . You have demonstrated in previous posts how much you care about your piggies. You have also shown that you reach out for advice and follow it when you had a bad situation. Sadly there are a lot of owners who wouldn't and your Cookie wouldn't have made it through with one of those. So next time you doubt yourself, look at him.....❣️

I agree with @YvonneBlue . You have demonstrated in previous posts how much you care about your piggies. You have also shown that you reach out for advice and follow it when you had a bad situation. Sadly there are a lot of owners who wouldn't and your Cookie wouldn't have made it through with one of those. So next time you doubt yourself, look at him.....❣️
Thank you so much for your support and reassurance 💙

I agree

He will have a brilliant home with you for all the reasons already stated above. Don't doubt yourself!

I think the pressure has built firstly from waiting so long for him to get the all clear (understandable of course) , secondly because he is 'unwell' and thirdly because he's been found through here which is wonderful but also feels more intense somehow💙

Try not to overthink it but if you feel you couldn't cope with him being 'unwell' maybe he's not the right one for you. After all you have been through recently with your other piggies it would be understandable for you to feel you couldn't cope with another one with possible health problems. On the other hand the rescue wouldn't be letting him go if they felt he wasn't well enough and any piggy can get unwell at any time. You will get no unfavourable judgement on this forum which ever way you decide to go.

Back