Will Groomers Cut Guinea Pigs Hair For You?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jojessgaz

Junior Guinea Pig
Reaction score
Does anyone know if I can pay someone who will cut guinea pigs hair short for me. I had a lady who cut their bums n it made a big difference. But it's growing fast and really they need a good cut all over as still young and me a novice we arnt getting to brush them properly but the lady who helps isn't avail for quite a while and I only have my young daughter to help which isn't an option. I'm still trying to get them used to me. The less timid one I brushed n tried to very slowly start on the top of her back. I hardly touched her but as soon as the scissors cut she squealed jumped and ran. She's not as sure with me now. I tried to pick up the very timid one as I was worried she could have a dirty bum ...she squeaked all the time and won't come for food now which she was doing and was coming over to sniff me at floor time. She just hides again now so I know I can't go near her with scissors but as @Wiebke suggested in another post while they so timid get a good cut. I just need to find somewhere to take them.

It's always worth giving your local groomers a ring and asking. Some places might be willing to help, while others won't so give a couple of places a ring.
Most likely, they will ask you to hold your GP while they trim as this means they have both hands free for using scissors and combs.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back