Wild flowers, seeds, garden

LollyJJ

Adult Guinea Pig
Reaction score
I see these seed mixes are rabbit safe, but are they suitable for piggies too?

Want to make sure before I buy as I'd love to create a piggie meadow for mine next summer. I let the grass grow but there's never anything much that comes up other than the grasses and dandelions. I end up pulling out the buttercups and daisies as far as I possibly can, but it would be good to introduce more variety as much as for the pigs as for the pollinators😊

Meadow Seed Mixes - Galens Garden

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230812-010923.webp
    Screenshot_20230812-010923.webp
    28.8 KB · Views: 25
These are seeds to plant in the garden to create a meadow, not seeds to eat. The seeds will hopefully grow and be a lovely mix of forage- just wanted to know if all these plants in the mix listed in the photo are piggy safe, as it specifically says rabbit safe, is that ok?

There are some things that rabbits can eat that piggies can't but I don't know about everything on that list. Hopefully someone with better knowledge will be along soon.

Golden rod is poisonous and should NEVER be feed. I don’t recommend buying this since most of these plants have very little nutritional benefits.

These mainly look like grass seed to me so I would say yes assuming you sow the seeds and then pick the grass and wild plants 😊

Back