Whuch hutch to go for

• Thread starter Thread starter Messica
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
M

Messica

Hello everybody.

I am very lucky in that I am expecting a very important delivery next week, my two new rescue piggies,Mabel and Lexi :smitten:. I was expecting to go and pick up a new hutch this weekend from a member of another rescue forum but for whatever reason they failed to get back to me yesterday >:( >:( so now I have to buy one from a pet shop.

Soooo....

What style hutch is better? I have been considering the lavender hutch from PAH which is a single story 12 square foot hutch or a two story 12 square foot hutch. What do other members think is best?

Thanks

Hi Messica,

I have the Lavander Lodge it is ideal for 3 and there is plenty of space so for future can be adapted to make an upstairs. :)

The only downfall with the LL is that it is quite big in depth and you have to think about the winter, will the LL fit in a Shed? Will it be brought into your house? Ours is indoors at the moment but it was a tight fit!

The depth is 27 inches. It's a great hutch though!

Louise
x

Good point about the depth, I am just about to check the width of the shed door O0

My daughters have a play shed and I put my pigs in their for the winter in C&C but then the boys escaped into the girls pen for a night of lovin'...lol Thankfully nothing happened but couldn't believe I'd been so damn stupid and thought they would never get out! So tried the LL in the shed but it wouldn't fit, the depth width of the door was 23 inches so wouldn't fit!

I like the style of these hutches there is also Thistle and Sage that Pets at Home do that are similar quality. :)

I have just measured the door to she shed and the hutch will fit in. Just one thing about the lavender is that I haven't been able to find a hutch cover that will fit it. I intend to put the hutch outside during summer but want protection for the pigs for when it rains. Does anyone know where I could get a hutch cover for the lavender?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back