• Discussions taking place within this forum are intended for the purpose of assisting you in discussing options with your vet. Any other use of advice given here is done so at your risk, is solely your responsibility and not that of this forum or its owner. Before posting it is your responsibility you abide by this Statement

White Urine

• Thread starter Thread starter Cavie Caz
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
C

Cavie Caz

I have noticed that one of my females is passing white urine, a sign of kidney stones I believe. It's difficult to find out which one as all three of them seem well. I am in the process of sitting each piggie on my knee hoping they will pee! ::)

I have read on the Peter Gurney site to check the wee wee area for grit/hard lump which neither has, I have weighed them all today and will keep a close eye on them. Peter Gurney has said that sows pass stones easily although it can be painful. Do I sit and wait a few days or is this a life threatening symptom and should I get all of them to the Vet's ASAP? :)

My boy, Sid, passes cloudy white urine sometimes. I've never thought of it a problem, he's very healthy and active and has no problems peeing so I havent worried about it :)

My new sow has passed some white urine and I was a little concerned too. It has only happened once though.

Spike my younger one passes really mucky coloured but I was told this is normal too!

Cindy also passes white urine... she seems to do it everytime I go near her ;D

I'm noticing a lot of differences between boars and sows.....

When I get chance at work I might start another thread... been spending way too much time on here. My work is way too relaxed it's not good!

Merls does a lot of cloudy milky wee as well

I think its normal

yer... i think when it dries and it feels gritty then thats not good... but otherwise completley normal :)
...I think ;)

The urine of guinea pigs typically has a slightly milky appearance to it, but if the urine is very white, and leaves white deposits after it dries, then it can be an indicator that your guinea pig is getting too much calcium in its diet. This can lead to bladder stones in some pigs.
- from this website.

I wonder why its more in girls. Piggy wee is so strange. I was worried about Spike's being really dark and was told this is quite normal in babies.

miss_piggy said:
I was worried about Spike's being really dark and was told this is quite normal in babies.

if they drink more water their wee's clearer :)
if that's what you meant ha
i feel like an idiot today

amziiacid said:
miss_piggy said:
I was worried about Spike's being really dark and was told this is quite normal in babies.

if they drink more water their wee's clearer :)
if that's what you meant ha
i feel like an idiot today

Oh ok :) Cindy has been drinking alot of water coz of her pegnancy and ive noticed not so much white pee :)

Why do you feel like an idiot ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back