• Discussions taking place within this forum are intended for the purpose of assisting you in discussing options with your vet. Any other use of advice given here is done so at your risk, is solely your responsibility and not that of this forum or its owner. Before posting it is your responsibility you abide by this Statement

White scabby bumps around nose

jmdby

New Born Pup
Reaction score
Hi everyone,

This forum was a place of reassurance when my piggy Rosy had some unexpected bleeding... now it's her sister Roxy's turn.

I noticed a small white bump on her nose a few months ago and had it looked at by the vet (the same time I took Rosy in for treatment!).

He said it was probably a bump and to keep an eye on it if if didn't go away.

Well, now there is another one right on the tip of her nose. It looks like the original is mostly the same (it's just above the tip, covered by hair), albeit less noticeable than before.

Has anyone seen anything like this before?

Attachments

• 20240827_192908.webp
    20240827_192908.webp
    63.6 KB · Views: 1
  • 20240827_192858.webp
    20240827_192858.webp
    72.2 KB · Views: 1
  • 20240827_192901.webp
    20240827_192901.webp
    85.1 KB · Views: 1
hi there. Sorry to read that. Looking closely, further up her nose she seems to have a patch of hair missing or sparse, does it run up her nose and scaly and scabby? It possibly could be ringworm. X

I wouldn’t be particularly inclined to think ringworm given it has been a few months: untreated ringworm would have spread to unmanageable amounts in both piggies and humans by now (incubation is just 10-14 days). I haven’t come across anything like it myself though and I can’t think of anything it could be at present

I wouldn’t be particularly inclined to think ringworm given it has been a few months: untreated ringworm would have spread to unmanageable amounts in both piggies and humans by now (incubation is just 10-14 days). I haven’t come across anything like it myself though and I can’t think of anything it could be at present
I didn't really think ringworm at first reading it but I read it again and it's a new one and on the tip of the nose. X

Thank you both. Yes, she has a similar patch just above her nose also. It was more visible - stuck out more - back in June. I asked the vet to look at it and he said to keep an eye on it.

It's barely visible now, but it's still there. I had to look for it though, whereas before it was quite obvious because the hair didn't cover it.

Thank you both. Yes, she has a similar patch just above her nose also. It was more visible - stuck out more - back in June. I asked the vet to look at it and he said to keep an eye on it.

It's barely visible now, but it's still there. I had to look for it though, whereas before it was quite obvious because the hair didn't cover it.

Do mention it to your vet again but it’s clearly not anything contagious given the timeline.
@Wiebke - have you come across anything like this before?

Back