• Discussions taking place within this forum are intended for the purpose of assisting you in discussing options with your vet. Any other use of advice given here is done so at your risk, is solely your responsibility and not that of this forum or its owner. Before posting it is your responsibility you abide by this Statement

White pasty discharge from female guinea pig

LadyC

New Born Pup
Reaction score
When I picked up my pigs yesterday, I found this gross discharge from one of them.
I read somewhere that it could be linked to their reproductive cycle, and they both ar on heat right now.
What do you think?

Attachments

• IMG_6631.webp
    IMG_6631.webp
    27.2 KB · Views: 2
When I picked up my pigs yesterday, I found this gross discharge from one of them.
I read somewhere that it could be linked to their reproductive cycle, and they both ar on heat right now.
What do you think?

Hi

It could be a bit of the gut microbiome retaining mucus barrier at the exit of the caecum chamber that has slipped through or it may come from the reproductive tract.

Incidences are quite simply too spotty and mostly one-off to say for sure what is going on.

We see very occasionally mystery mucus deposits from either gender coming up on the forum but by far not enough to make clear connections. Without an analysis we can unfortunately only guess as much as you.

Back