White Fur - Food Stains!

Status
Not open for further replies.

LB14

Junior Guinea Pig
Reaction score
Hope someone can give me an answer :D

Two of my pigs have white faces, and when they get a little treat like pepper, or cherry tomato, or grapes... they end up with it on their face and their fur is stained.

They get bathed obviously but I have no clue how to actually get rid of any staining that appears and don't want them looking grubby.

Tried sensitive baby wipes but I'm not sure if thats a good way to go

Hope someone can give me an answer :D

Two of my pigs have white faces, and when they get a little treat like pepper, or cherry tomato, or grapes... they end up with it on their face and their fur is stained.

They get bathed obviously but I have no clue how to actually get rid of any staining that appears and don't want them looking grubby.

Tried sensitive baby wipes but I'm not sure if thats a good way to go
I personally wouldn't use baby wipes as they are very harsh. I use pet wipes which do the trick. They do tend to clean themselves up so i leave them with their fruit beards which they seem to enjoy taking off after a while of pretending to be piggy pirates :)

I usually leave mine to clean themselves up! ;)

I level mine and he cleans himself. And they look soooooo cute with their big red kissy lips

Its mostly Gus and its on the bridge of his nose lol. He just looks grubby because of it :D

Its mostly Gus and its on the bridge of his nose lol. He just looks grubby because of it :D
I would just leave it. Wipes do smell and piggys have a very strong sense of smell. It must be very unpleasant for him especially considering your wiping so close to the nose

I've only tried it, and with the sensitive kind which don't have a pungent smell... but it didn't work.

I'll leave him be.

It's amazing how much food they can get on them...jack (avatar) gets a great wotsit face on him when he gets carrots, but he manages to clean himself up for his wife pig.

I panicked yesterday forgot id given him blackberrys for the first time and thought my wee harold was bleeding!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back