White dots- dry skin?

Rebecca01

Junior Guinea Pig
Reaction score
Hi
I have had my girls a couple weeks and they have tiny white dots on their underside (in fur) arou d where their belly button would be and some closer to their bum. They do not move- originally I thought it was tiny dots of dandruff/dry skin. They are currently being treated for lice after going to the vets earlier this week (as I had spotted the lice) and I didn’t think to ask the vet at the time as I had been assuming it was just drier skin- I suppose I’m just wondering if these tiny white specks are likely to be linked to the lice, is it normal etc? They still have four weeks until they are finished with their lice treatment, then at the end of August I plan on giving them both a bath with Guinea pig shampoo like Lice n Easy so hopefully this will help! Didn’t know if anyone else had experienced similar white dots on their bellies etc? The skin around the area isn’t sore or red

Hi,
I know nothing about guinea pig health but could they be lice that died from the treatment that are still stuck in his fur?
Hopefully a more knowledgeable member, can help you out. 👍

See I’ve seen soem dead lice but they’re appearing at the ends of fur on their backs- it’s more white dots rather than tiny lines by their bellies x

Best I could get! Camera couldn’t focus and naturally they didn’t like being held in the air so wriggled away😂 whatever it is doesn’t seem to irritate them? M just wondered if it was a normal issue! Now time for veggies to apologise for holding them so uncomfortably 🤣🤣

Attachments

• IMG_5398.webp
    IMG_5398.webp
    39 KB · Views: 6
  • IMG_5400.webp
    IMG_5400.webp
    69.8 KB · Views: 4
  • IMG_5401.webp
    IMG_5401.webp
    52.9 KB · Views: 6
  • IMG_5397.webp
    IMG_5397.webp
    31 KB · Views: 5
We can’t know what it might be without seeing it
I’ve posted sone pics! The camera wouldn’t focus coz the piggies wouldn’t stay still but you can sort of see sone of the white dots- they are down the middle of their tummies and are more than you can see in the pic

Sorry I still can't help. Hopefully another member knows what these white dots are.

Back