Which forage most delicious

Cambridge Piggles

Junior Guinea Pig
Reaction score
I’m looking to buy additional forage and want to gather opinions on piggie preference . Which forage type have you guys had most success with? Thanks! I’m suspecting it’s down to piggie preference but would love to hear the experiences of others !

Attachments

• IMG_0158.webp
    IMG_0158.webp
    41.5 KB · Views: 8
  • IMG_0157.webp
    IMG_0157.webp
    45.7 KB · Views: 7
  • IMG_0156.webp
    IMG_0156.webp
    45.9 KB · Views: 7
Mine love the leaves (birch, nettle etc) so they are the ones I buy most.

They don’t like the flowers at all.
They like the cucumber, apple and carrot (apple and carrot as very occasional treats).
They also like the dandelion root
Good to know!

Exciting, hope your piggies enjoy the forage.
Nopig seems to enjoy dried leaves here, although our old boarding lady said they did with her! Plantain fresh or dried, and dried marigold flowers are a favourite. Dandilion is always a success.

Birch leaves elicited a massive amount of popcorning from mine this morning, both got hand fed the first one and went nuts. Previously they have enjoyed any forage but flowers have always been a big hit.

Mine like the leaves,especially raspberry,birch,plantain,dandelions,hazelnut.some like Rose petals,marigold flowers are liked.green oats forage is loved!

Mine love nettle best, and plantain..dandelion, apple, hazel, blackberry, birch and mulberry leaves als9 go down well. They'll eat hibiscus flowers, rose petals and very occasionally cornflowers but they much prefer leaves.

My boys say you can send the flowers, birch and nettle leaves here please, especially the birch leaves as they seem to be favourite.
Dried beetroot was treated with suspicion at first, then hoovered up ( purple poops!). Otherwise everything else is being eaten.

Purple poops, eh?

The goblins are cornflower fans. They don't trust dandelion root. As for the others, I'm not sure what they have or haven't tried.

Back