Where's a good place in the UK/online to get apple sticks or willow sticks cheap?

ekuk

New Born Pup
Reaction score
My younger guinea pigs love them but it seems a bit mad spending lots of money in Pets at Home on twigs.
Also, please let me know if this is something I shouldn't give them too often.

The best place, in my opinion, to get a wide variety of safe forage is Piggie Parcels - Piggie Parcels
Run by a member of the forum, she sells lots of lovely goodies for piggies! She does also sell apple sticks
I give a small amount of a variety of items each day (I don’t feed pellets often)

We take twigs from the willow trees at our local park / nature reserve. As long as you aren't taking huge amounts it shouldn't be a problem for the tree. In fact, my local park is happy for us to trim bits from the weeping willow as otherwise they have to do this themselves as it grows down over the path and causes issues for walkers and cyclists. Generally most local authorities don't spray their trees with harmful (or any) chemicals.

Also worth asking if any friends or family have an apple tree in their garden. My neighbor give us small branches when he prunes his apple tree. Of course do check that they haven't been sprayed with anything dangerous.

The best place, in my opinion, to get a wide variety of safe forage is Piggie Parcels - Piggie Parcels
Run by a member of the forum, she sells lots of lovely goodies for piggies! She does also sell apple sticks
I give a small amount of a variety of items each day (I don’t feed pellets often)
Thanks, I love the bundles they have!

We take twigs from the willow trees at our local park / nature reserve. As long as you aren't taking huge amounts it shouldn't be a problem for the tree. In fact, my local park is happy for us to trim bits from the weeping willow as otherwise they have to do this themselves as it grows down over the path and causes issues for walkers and cyclists. Generally most local authorities don't spray their trees with harmful (or any) chemicals.

Also worth asking if any friends or family have an apple tree in their garden. My neighbor give us small branches when he prunes his apple tree. Of course do check that they haven't been sprayed with anything dangerous.
Thank you!
I am so silly, my own mother has an apple tree and I'm asking where to get the sticks haha.

Back