where to get panels and connectors for c&c cage

• Thread starter Thread starter maisydaisystar
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
M

maisydaisystar

hi,
any one know the best place to get the panels and connectors for c&c cages?, thought i might look into getting them. :D
thanks

Got mine from screwfix direct. Very small holes though, just big enough for the spout of a water bottle. On the plus side its not as easy for bedding to spill out!

I really want 2 as i will have two pairs of guineas once i get my new boar, not sure i have room for 2 though.They look fab

hi.
i have a C&C run and its totally fab! I made mine about 4 years ago and i was given the tip off to go to Homebase! I know it sounds odd but, it was "disguised" (ha ha) as a bathroom cabinet.. i know, i know i didn't believe it either.. til i saw it..! But,honestly they DID sell them with the connectors in the pack .. not sure if they still do them though!
Then I went to a local sign maker and bought some plastic to go in it. it probably cost about £30 altogether and it was well worth it !
Good Luck with your search!
xx

i am still on the hunt for panels - didnt really fancy the screwfix ones because of the small mesh. (it will be my last resort)

Katie how long ago did you get yours from B & Q? I have read posts on another website that they have discontinued them and so have argos.

i asked in wilkinsons yesterday, no luck there, they did advise me to ring head office and check but its quite hard to explain what they are though, they seem to be called all kinds of names

i was planing to check in the local poundstretches next weekend. i was thinking ofchecking homebase too.

i would be really greatful to hear from anyone who has brought them recently in the uk from a store or the internet.

Laura

Most department stores will sell them. They are usually used as shelves, so look in the furniture section.

karisrou said:
Most department stores will sell them. They are usually used as shelves, so look in the furniture section.

They're not quite as readily available in the UK as they are in the US.

I was in B&Q on Saturday and they had them - they were in the same section as all the plastic storage boxes.

daftscotslass said:
karisrou said:

I was in B&Q on Saturday and they had them - they were in the same section as all the plastic storage boxes.

Oh i'll haveto look in B&Q today and hope mine have them. Wonder if i can carry them home all by myself since my dads being ean this week-end ::)

i did check in our B & Q a few weeks ago with no luck, but our store in Peterborough isnt that big.

i will ask at the desk and see if they can order them in for me.

Got my other half checking QD today at lunch.

Checked in homebase yesterday, no luck there either.

thanks for your help

Laura

Any Idea what B&Q call them ?
Only asking because so many different names for them and If we have the name then they could be ordered in from 1 B&Q to another.
Its hard to discribe to them what your looking for.

I checked but no luck either but it was a smallish one, will be checking in the larger store sometime this week. If i have no luck though i might just get some mesh from wilkonsons it's £2.99 for only 1.5m but a few rolls will make a pretty god cage :)

[/quote]

Thanks I will get some from B&Q then :)

i bought some more from Instores today

The B&Q ones are normally in the warehouse ones but i havent seen any for a while and heres the bar code for them

5015772193169 ring them to check if they can order them you never know but i do think u have to pay up front

These c&c things seem to be in very short supply here in the UK. It looks like an excellent business opportunity to me!

the saga continuessssssss

i went to B & Q and asked about the grids today - they werent really very helpful and i got a quick 'no we dont stock these' before they had even looked on their computer system. Luckily i was armed with the barcode printed off from this website and they found them on their system. Apparently my B & Q does not stock them as they are a medium sized warehouse, large warehouses do stock them.

i asked if they could order them in for me and they said no, they werent doing this at the moment as they were in the process of moving to a new store. So i can either wait till the new large warehouse store is built which they think will be in November or travel to a large warehouse B & Q in another town, they did mention Norwich, which is about a 2 hour drive from here i think.

i am thinking i will travel to get them as i am inpatient and cant wait till November :P i wanted to get the new cage built for the boys in the next few months as they are growing all the time and i think the extra room would lessen any chance of them fighting

My local B&Q says they are to special order only, takes 1 - 5 weeks.
Can anyone tell me how big the mesh/grid is on the B&Q ones? Just big enough for a water bottle spout, or bigger than that? And what colour are they?
Thanks

I've been looking for them too. Might just throw in the towel and buy the caranco ones. £70, plus coroplast and extra panels and delivery = well more than £100. But they need a new house, so I'll have to do without shopping for a few weeks.

Just a tip, if you're getting them shipped over from another country, then check the gaps aren't too big. You don't want to spend £30 on shipping, then find they have 3cm holes in.

I have ordered mine today from [email protected]

Melanie is a very nice person to deal with through email very helpful.
Will let you know when they arrive.

Ginnea Guinea, did your grids arrive from Melanie Warner? I ordered some and got them today only to find they were the ones fron screwfix with the mesh which I didn't really want plus I could have ordered them myself from screwfix and it would have been cheaper, feeling a bit conned.

Yes sorry I should have put that I did recieve them and was disappointed I could have saved £10 getting them direct from screwfix.
Although now my boys have a great cage and dont mind so much, I think that she run out of her stock maybe and just didnt want to let people down as the ones she had was the grid ones not the mess.
I am using the doors of my nero 3 for the water bottles hung over the top of one of the panels

Thank god for that, I thought I was only one feeing slightly miffed but like you now my boys have a nice new cage but unfortunatley they aren't in it yet because I have no base for it plus one of my piggies has became quite ill (been at vet but am feeling it could go either way).
What are you using for base?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back