where to get c&c cages (uk)

maisma

New Born Pup
Reaction score
hi
i have two female guinea pigs , they are both one and would like to upgrade their cage. i want a 3x3 cage which would fit in my space. My problem is that i can't get the right size one anywhere.
kavee don't have the right size and nor do guinea pig c&c cages so i decided to try to build my own. i have ordered the fencing but can't find anywhere online that i can get the coroplast from at an affordable price.
Does anyone have any reccomendations on where to get some?

:wel:

DIY shops, sign makers or Amazon sell correx/proplex. You may need to cut and stick pieces together, but it is easy enough to do. You can also score and bend it to create an upstand up the side of the grids to help keep any disposable bedding and hay inside.

Alternatively, just using plastic sheeting or shower curtains will protect the floor but obviously doesn’t provide an upstand.

I got the coroplast on eBay and it came rolled up. You could also go for proplex from wickes. It’s similar but thinner.

You could just buy the grids and connectors and build it yourself.

hi
i have two female guinea pigs , they are both one and would like to upgrade their cage. i want a 3x3 cage which would fit in my space. My problem is that i can't get the right size one anywhere.
kavee don't have the right size and nor do guinea pig c&c cages so i decided to try to build my own. i have ordered the fencing but can't find anywhere online that i can get the coroplast from at an affordable price.
Does anyone have any reccomendations on where to get some?

Hi

You may find these links here helpful; some UK places will do non-standard ones. You can order correx/coroplast from online when you google but if you have your cages on the ground, a lino offcut (which I use for my own flexible ground floor set-up) etc. can also do the trick instead. All you want is a water tight, wipeable surface.
All About C & C Grid Cages Around The World
A Detailed Guide For Fleece Bedding

thank you
i am going to work out which ones cheepest as i now have lots of options!

sorry would you still be able to cut lino in the same way as correx?

sorry would you still be able to cut lino in the same way as correx?

You could use it as a floor protector but I'm not sure if it would score and fold in the same way correx does to enable us to go up the side of the cage. I imagine if you tried to score lino you would end up cutting right the way through as it is much thinner (at least all the lino I’ve come across has been). You could probably bend it up the side of the cage though

so maybe i just have that as the floor and not have any sides would that work?

Yes it would work if you have fleece bedding - It’s just if you use disposable bedding then it would fall out the sides of the cage

This works however having corrrex round the sides contains hay and poo when you have them on the floor it falls out the gaps!

thank you so much rp1993 i think i might have a lino base with one of their kitchen areas THANKYOU!

I brought a kitchen area from cage creations recently, good quality.
We used it on holiday to help contain hay, as I don't take our big correx base on holiday with us.
Do be aware, I think that the correx kitchens are sized to fit in a bigger correx base, I had to pad out the sides with fleece to stop our piggies squeezing between the grids and the correx.
Could you perhaps just buy a smaller base correx if you don't want/need it to cover the whole cage area, and leave one side down flat?

Back