Where to get C and C cage grids

Leb66

New Born Pup
Reaction score
Hi I'm looking to build a 2x4 C and C cage with a stand (for storage space underneath), i think i need about 36 grids. Where would be the best place to buy this from? Kavee seems very expensive, and i had a look on amazon but some of the reviews said they were flimsy so i dont know if its a different type of C and C grid or the same as what kavee uses? Does anyone have any links/ recommendations where to buy the grids, and also the correx flooring?

I use the songmics grids, I got them from amazon. I did get the correx from kavee but when it needs replacing I will get it from a builders merchant as I now know how easy it is to work with. I bought two sets of the grids, much cheaper than kavee and it's always useful to have spare grids. They are all flimsy unless you use loads of cable ties.

Attachments

• Screenshot_2024-04-06-11-40-01-63_b5f6883d2c20a96c53babc0b4ac88108.webp
    Screenshot_2024-04-06-11-40-01-63_b5f6883d2c20a96c53babc0b4ac88108.webp
    42.7 KB · Views: 2
Our original grids were from CC guinea pig cages- the ones Anyar.dris linked.

We now also have second hand grids, and a set of Amazon basics grids. Just make sure that you have 9 little square holes across, internally otherwise it is not safe. The other ones that fluffysal mentioned are safe too.

I think cable ties are an essential. We use reusable ones.
IMG_5983.webp

I see you are in Bristol. I believe Little Wheekers GPR sell the grids and Corex, it would be worth having a look at their website. Any profit made goes to help the rescue. I got my grids from Just Grendle on ebay, before I knew about the rescue. I get the Corex from Amari Plastics on St. Phillips Industrial Estate.

Attachments

• IMG_4713.webp
    IMG_4713.webp
    22.2 KB · Views: 2
Keep an eye on marketplaces like Facebook, I got my whole set up from there for very cheap tbh

Back