Where to get an Abyssinian guinea pig........

Adelyn

Adult Guinea Pig
Reaction score
Hello everyone,

I want to get a female Abyssinian guinea pig. The problem is I can't find one anywhere! Rescue? Nope. Shelter? Uh-uh. Even pet stores come up empty. I can't find any breeders either! Oh, I can find plenty of paired piggies, but I only can take one! (I have a guinea to bond the new one to, don't worry 😉) Any suggestions? Do any of you have an female Abyssinian you need to rehome? Thanks!

All you can do is get your name on waiting lists for rehoming and wait until a piggy becomes available. Perhaps also consider a neutered boar if any come available
The new piggy and your current piggy need to have mutual liking and character compatibility to form a successful bond (if they aren’t compatible then they won’t bond and will need to live in two separate but side by side cages for full through the bar interaction, or one piggy surrendered to a rescue if you can’t have two separate cages) so you really can’t restrict yourself to a certain breed - it’s really a case of taking whichever piggy your piggy bonds with successfully.

Last edited:
Back