Where to buy fleece liners for cages?

Leb66

New Born Pup
Reaction score
Hi I'm looking to switch to fleece liners for my guinea pig cage, but where is the best place to buy that also isn’t extortionate? For my size of cage I'm seeing prices at £70 per fleece?! Any recommendations for good fleece bedding?

Hi, have you looked at thehoghouse.co.uk? The lady there makes all sorts of fleece items for hedgehogs and guinea pigs including liners plus she can do custom liners. I asked her to make some hooded fleece liners and they are superb.
Also have a look at Etsy, they have lots.
If you have a sewing machine and enjoy creating, you can make your own. I buy wadding from Amazon and fleece material from Pound Fabrics online (they have great prices) and I make my own. There's loads of YouTube videos to help you get started.
I'm sure your piggies will be very happy on fleece.
For cheaper options or to get you started, you can use bobble mats. They are bathmats that have bobbles but make sure they don't have looped fabric as piggy toes and nails can get caught. You can get those from IKEA or Amazon.
The bobble mats are very absorbent and are great for putting on the floor for piggy floor-time.
🥰

Many of us prefer to use several smaller fleeces instead of one cage sized one. As well as less outlay, the bigger fleece liners can be hard to wash properly, also it's better if you have boars to do a half and half cage clean. When I first started using fleece I bought mainly from amazon as I had an address that was impossible to find and they offered click and collect. I also use bath mats but still have liners underneath.
The outlay is a fair amount but they pay for themselves and so much less faff than disposable.

... And be sure to use a washing bag when you wash the bedding to stop hair and bits of hay getting in your washing machine. I use a brush to brush the bedding and give it a good shake but you still get bits.
I make my washing bags out of plain net curtain fabric. It's cheap and easy to make 👍

I have heard Kavee liners are good, but we use the candE cosies ones because they arn't that expensive and they are one of the companys that uses zorb.

Back