• A mixture of the above

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other (let us know!)

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Having always had pigs that are shed-pigs, and having recently had to bring some of them indoors for various reasons, I was wondering where other people's pigs live. I now have all 3 - some in the house with me (guinea pig room of their own, and some in the living room where I watch them instead of TV!), some in outdoor hutches and some in hutches in the shed.

I've loved having mine indoors recently because you get to see them going about their daily lives a lot more. I spend a lot of time in the shed (um, not sure what my neighbours must think) but I don't feel like they go about their business in the same way when I'm there, if you know what I mean.

When I had guineas as a child everyone I knew had them outdoors or in a shed - so things have changed quite a bit over the last few years! Thought it would be interesting to see where everyone else's live!

Thanks

Sophie

Mine are indoors. :)

In the summer Sunshine and Twinkle where in the garden, the girls were in the garden as well but they hated it so I put them all in the shed in C&C then the boys escaped into the girls pen :o (thankfully no babes) so I brought them all in. Cuzzy was already a house pig as he didn't get on with Sunshine for some reason.

Now I have Pudsey and Eccles in the hutch in my utility room, the girls in a C&C in my living room and my two naughty boys in my utility room seperated but next to one another so they can see each other! :D

I am changing my set up. Girls are going in the hutch as they are going to live with 2 new babes in there tomorrow. Eccles and Pudsey will live in a raised C&C Cage if I can do it! :) Sunshine and Twinkle can stay were they are for now, next month I will try and re-bond them :)

Louise
x

Mine are indoors in our playroom (well Daniel's playroom) - well (the guinea's playroom). I live at a Hotel so we have lots of brides/grooms/bridesmaids etc. in the gardens and grounds all the time and I am sure they don't want me and the piggies on their wedding pictures hee hee.

So they are all indoors in the playroom -

Helen.
x

Mine are on top of a low cupboard in the dining room...they're quite happy there, they get afternoon sunshine! My old two used to live in the same room. Perhaps I should change the name of it?! The only other place I could have them is my bedroom...and I'm not being kept awake for anybody! ;D :smitten:

i have 4 boars in my bedroom :o

its a bit of a squeeze, but my pc broke a few days ago, so one of the cages is now on my desk, so i have some floor space back ;D

all 8 of mine are in our bedroom, much to the boyfriends delight as they keep waking up through the night squeeking at the moment :)

I had mine in my bedroom once, when I was still living at home and they were babies - they drove me nuts! 98) Amazing how much noise they can make just drinking from a water bottle, isn't it!

tell me about it, mum makes a hell of a noise when she goes on the bottle and with the babies squeeking all the time, it is hard when u have to get up for work, but tends not to really bother me, just feel knackered throughout the day :o

I keep my pigs in the extention next to the dinning room my family think i am mad they think they should be kept outside i used to have them in the kitchen but to me my piggies arnt dirty x

I have mine indoor's in my living room. They no as soon as the kid's are tucked in bed it's there time and they have the whole house to raom around and explore. They start popcorning as we take the kids up stairs as they no they get there veggies then a a good old run around!
The cleaning after is annoying ;D ;D But there worth it x :smitten: :smitten:

Mine have an indoor cage in the utility room, but in the spring and summer they will be in their super two storey hutch in the garden.

i dont think i could have my piggies outside, i know a lot of people do, but i always think, if they are outside I wouldn't see them as much and I would hate that, least when they are indoors, u can see them all the time when u at home and they most used to u more. If my animals had to be kept outside, I wouldn't have got them in the first place - luckly my boyfriend has grown to the idea of having all 20 animals in the house ;D

Ours are mostly outside in the shed or well insulated hutches as i spent lots of time outdoors during the day they get plenty of attention (as the mud patches around their hutches and track to the shed attest to at the momement can't wait for paving to happen lol) and are used to hearing and seeing me, we are limited for house space and have our kitchen taken over at the moment. As we re-home guineas that probably 50% of which live outdoors it is good to keep them in this manner as they do not get a nasty shock going to live outside. We always re-home to people who have guineas in sheds or well insulated hutches in the winter O0

The 5 girlies i have live in the shed- free range, with a large hutch to sleep in, loads of tunnels and hidey-holes. They love it, and i quite like it too. Charlie boy lives in the porch, in a cage, as he's really friendly and likes seeing us!

Mine have lived outside but I don't like it. This was before I realised what special creatures they were! Still working on Peter, he thinks they are going back out!

But my plan is...sorting the spare room put getting the C&C up there, and then have room to take in some rescues. Peter is off soon so it's going to be a complete blitz of room. I've so much junk! :D

Mine have a pig room to themselves in C&Cs but my mum wants it back so they're going in a shed i bought for them, its 10x6 with insulation, heating and air con :) xxxxx

I have one living inside with us and 2 have their own shed.. I'm feeling so guilty though :'( my 2 outddor piggies are not getting the attention they deserve off me.

I'm having a word with hubby about binging them inside when her gets home from work, we have 2 indoor bunnies aswell so those c&c gridsi bought might not be suitable..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back