Where do you buy your bedding?

• Thread starter Thread starter sianieJ
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
S

sianieJ

I am currently using vetbed but when the better weather comes (if it ever does!) Then my lot will be going in there hutch in our shed so will be using other bedding as my cage is smaller then the hutch so vetbed wont be big enough.
Anyway have been looking for megazorb or Auboise but can't find it anywhere. I went to a farm today which sold animal supplies and they didn't sell it either! They only sold wood chips and something called superbedding ?

I go to my local farm shop suppliers too mine do guinea pig food and loads of horse stuff
I get my bedding from there O0

I have just started shredding newspapers which is supper soft compared to office A4 paper. A good quality shredder can cope with 3 folded sheets at a time. Its `cost free` and good for re-cycling. My GP`s love it and romp around through and jump up and down it when its fresh.

The only problem is GP`s tend to nibble it and the ink might be a problem with their tummies. So far mine have shown no problems for the short term. Please remember to take out the staples.

Ok i will give it a try and just keep a closer eye on them
xx

Does anyone else use there own paper
x

Yeah have thought about shredding our own paper but doesn't it get soggy quick? I wanted to try Auboise just have no idea where to get it from!

i've asked the company i work for if it is ok for me to take a bag of paper shredding every now and again - always worth asking local companies such as local newspapers or solicitors etc what they do with their shredded paper! they will often be glad of someone taking it away! xx

If you ring this number they will tell you where your local auboise stockists are 0800 3891703 :)

i use vet bed and fleece and use it in the out door hutches too maybe use more fleece and i wrap the pigloos in fleece to with plenty lose for snugling into!

Where abouts are you in the West Midlands, I know several suppliers in that area as I use Megazorb and Aubiose.

Well my fleece is from various different places. I get my aubiose from a horsey place :) (called Horse and rider I think)

Toffee4ever said:
Where abouts are you in the West Midlands, I know several suppliers in that area as I use Megazorb and Aubiose.

Hi

I'm in the west midlands, Birmingham area, I've been looking for suppliers of megazorb and would even try Aubiose if its good.

that looks like a great site! may well be purchasing some of those products myself (for the piggies, not me personally!) ! x

The problem of using shedded paper from your work place or friends work place (as suggested above) is that it may contain a lot of shedded staples. This will kill your GP if eaten. As you know they love to knibble the paper. Therefore, I always shred my own then I know its safe.

staples are not good - i think the shredder here mushes them up so small they turn to dust! - :smiley6600:

i generally use shredding that i have done myself or from the box that i fill up for shredding to ensure that there are no staples, or check the bedding as i put it in - mine dont tend to eat too much of it - perhaps it doesn't taste good! lol ;D

Good point about the toner - but is it much different to the inks used in newspaper? - mine seem to constantly eat that! (mad piggies) i may just use no shredding at all and just some form of soft bedding like the hay based kinda stuff - having to clean them out a fair bit at the moment... will take a look in the local pet store for the megazorb products as i really like the look of them! 88)

someone i know uses some sort of large nappy type thing which apparently is safe for piggies and is soft and absorbent - not sure where you get those from though! will have to do some investigative work... does anyone know about those? if i find out anything will post it on here for you guys to see! :smitten:

Leopard_print said:
Toffee4ever said:

Hi

I'm in the west midlands, Birmingham area, I've been looking for suppliers of megazorb and would even try Aubiose if its good.

Have Pm'd you

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back