where do I put my cage

• Thread starter Thread starter cindy and milly
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
C

cindy and milly

I have to bring my guinea pigs inside at night because of wild animals, but I have a problem I don't know where should I put them? :-\

The problem with bringing them in and then back out in the day is the temperture fluctuations which can cause illness in pigs. Can you not secure the hutch? Or bring them in full time if you have space in your living room?

Is thier a secure shed or outhouse the hutch could go in?
if you do bring them in to the house the cage should be somewhere cool as possible

Personally if there are animals that might harm your pigs in the area I'd be worried about them at any time rather than just night time. Agree with the posts above if they can't be in the house permanently.

I agree with the above posts as well. My pigs are in the outhouse because I have no room in the house. I was toying with the idea of bringing them inside at night during the winter but from advice on here, I decided to leave them in the outhouse instead of bringing them inside. Like Lorna has suggested, animals are around day and night. could you not just secure your hutch with bolts / padlocks etc

Somewhere quiet with not a lot of drafts or where not a lot of chemicals are used either. I keep mine in the spare bedroom. Or, you could use my neighbors technique. Animals kept checking out the guinea pig cage so she just took a nice wire and wrapped it around the wood legs somehow and attached it to a battery to make an electric fence. LOL

thanks to all your ideas. I'am thinking of, inside full time or puting a lock on the cage.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back