where do i get fleece from?

• Thread starter Thread starter jayneblonde
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
J

jayneblonde

hello! :D

Where would i get fleece from to put ontop of the newspaper? - does anyone have any websites that i could take a look at as not 100% sure on what i should be getting! i see by some previous posts that you can wash it in a pillow case but how does it work exactly? what is the procedure for cleaning out the fleecey bedding? :-\

All replies welcomed with great interest, always looking into new ways of making the piggies more comfy!

Going to need an area about 2.5ft by 8ft for my floor pen! woo!

:smitten:

is it the white kind of 'wadding' type stuff, or the throw blankets, is it supposed to let the moisture through onto the newspaper withought becoming saturated... i think primark sell some sort of fleecy blankets that are sort of wooly on one side and smooth on the other... is that the sort of thing i should go for? x :smitten:

I think most people use the fleece that you would use for say a baby blanket.

However, I was not aware that fleece had the same effect as vet bet as you are describing, i.e. letting the moisture pass through it without getting wet in itself. As far as I was aware, yes, it does let the moisture through onto the newspaper, but it does get moist itself aswell, which is why you need to change it daily (whereas with vet bed, every other day or even third day is acceptable).

I see! now I understand more about what it is all about! hurrah! i may well be purchasing some of those fleecy blankets next time i am in Primark... or Poundland... they are better snuggly material and warmer i should imagine than newspaper and beding etc... awww think of the happy piggies! :-*

I use poundland fleece on top of incontinent bed sheets I buy from the chemist.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back