• Discussions taking place within this forum are intended for the purpose of assisting you in discussing options with your vet. Any other use of advice given here is done so at your risk, is solely your responsibility and not that of this forum or its owner. Before posting it is your responsibility you abide by this Statement

where can i buy metacam without prescription

Status
Not open for further replies.

susiewoosie

Junior Guinea Pig
Reaction score
i think maxi is going to be recurrent bloat sufferer..and wanted to buy some metacam but Animed *** not let me without prescription. Where can i buy online without prescription.

Thanks

Susan

Metacam can only be prescribed by your Vet.
Can you ring and explain or pop Maxi in to be seen ? Even if you purchased online, it would be a couple of days before you received it and if it is bloat, needs treating very quickly.
As the dose has to be calculated and can be different strengths as it is used for cats and dogs, it is not wise to give any meds. that have not been authorised.
I would call your vet for an appointment as soon as.

I agree, its prescription only, so anything you do buy online without a presciption would be illegal, and unfortunately self medicating is not a good idea. I would see a vet, get a proper diagnosis and the correct treatment. metacam will not treat bloat anyway, it may make them more comfortable.

Bloat is in fact a very painful condition and pain killer's will not help, if the route cause is not found. Without proper medical attention and the right gut stimulants the guinea pig would most likely die.

If you are ever at home with guinea pig who is suffering from Bloat, do the right thing and take him or her straight to emergency vet, the next 24 hours for the guinea pig are crucial. I have almost lost two guinea pig's to bloat it's a very serious condition.

you can't get metacam without prescription, although if you ask the vets, sometimes they will let you have a small bottle to keep at home incase you ever need it. but again, i agree that if bloat was suspected, then i would also be rushing to the vets. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back