When To Bring Outdoor Piggies In?

Guinea-geeks

Junior Guinea Pig
Reaction score
Relative newbie here so I hope I'm posting in the right forums-please move if not.
My girls are currently in a large hutch outside but I have bought a Ferplast 120 ready for when the weather becomes cooler. Has anyone got any advice as to when to bring them in? I would like to keep them outside as long as possible as they have far more room in their outside hutch, but I also don't want them to get cold. When do most people move their piggies indoors?

TIA

I think the recommended temperature is around 15 degrees celsius so it's time to bring them in when you can't maintain that outside.

You need to time it best for when the temperature difference between indoors and out won't be too extreme for them

My piggies are indoors all year round but I think the general rule is to have them indoors between October and May although obviously bring them in sooner if the temperature drops

Thanks for the responses. I think I'll be bringing them in sooner rather than later as although it isn't too cold at night yet, it is so damp and horrible! It will be a lot easier to pull out the damp hay if I'm not being rained on in the process..

i put mine in the shed from november to april.,you wont want to put them outside once your piggies have been inside.:)

Back