• Discussions taking place within this forum are intended for the purpose of assisting you in discussing options with your vet. Any other use of advice given here is done so at your risk, is solely your responsibility and not that of this forum or its owner. Before posting it is your responsibility you abide by this Statement

When is it safe?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Billies Mum

Adult Guinea Pig
Reaction score
Ive been ill since Wednesday - upset tum, fever, aching limbs etc

Feeling much better today - about 80% recovered

When is it safe to cuddle my piggy again?

I think its safe when you feel it is, when you feel like you wont pass it on i guess... fine now though i would say!

baby-wilson said:
I think its safe when you feel it is, when you feel like you wont pass it on i guess... fine now though i would say!

Is it true or a myth that we can pass on cold/flu to piggies.
I'm full of cold/flu whatever it is, (getting worse each day) & am syringe-feeding Lottie daily. Do i risk passing it on?

I don't think it's a myth - but there is a bit of truth in it - my opinion.

I mean, I've not caught anything off them. But once when I had flu a few piggies that I handled within a couple of days got colds, yet a couple that I only 'stroked' never got them.

Sorry to hear you've been feeling so poorly. If i've been off colour i'm careful not to breathe on them and i thoroughly wash my hands before and after. As i do most of the food etc.. i'm extra careful just me i suppose. I think you should be fine too, go by your instinct :)

Thanks

Ive kept actual handling with bare hands to a minimum, using a teatowel instead, and kept my hands ultra clean when prepping food etc.
Hopefully ive protected him from catching any infection

Thanks all :)

daftscotslass said:
Niki said:
baby-wilson said:

Is it true or a myth that we can pass on cold/flu to piggies.
I'm full of cold/flu whatever it is, (getting worse each day) & am syringe-feeding Lottie daily. Do i risk passing it on?

Read my post on this thread here - http://www.theguineapigforum.co.uk/index.php?topic=5174.msg92726#msg92726

Thanks for that, she's wrapped in a towel when i'm feeding her & finished her antibiotics yesterday. I'll continue to keep a close eye on her & hope i haven't passed anything onto her

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back