when can i leave my shed open overnight

• Thread starter Thread starter goldilocks
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
G

goldilocks

hi i have a shed with my guinea's in free range. Had the door made into a barn door and have chicken wire in a frame in the top half when the shed is open. Have a padlock on it also. just wondered with this warm weather when i can leave them open overnight for extra air flow?

Hi,i would never leave the shed door open at night due to foxes getting But i suppose if the door was sercure and nothing could get in the i cant see why not

My shed door is open overnight if the overnight termperature is going to be 10 degrees or above. If it is secure wiht the chicken wire in the top half of the door and nothing can get in then they'll enjoy the fresh air. (and of course they have little houses to go in if they get cold!) If you leave the shed door closed, make sure you open it up first thing in the morning as closed sheds heat up remarkably quickly with just abit of early morning sun. I have a digital thermometer in the shed to keep an eye on the internal temp.

thank guys it is secure it has a padlock on the bottom of the door and on the chicken wire door another padlock.
they have a massive log cabin a log bridge and a corner house to hide in

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back