• Discussions taking place within this forum are intended for the purpose of assisting you in discussing options with your vet. Any other use of advice given here is done so at your risk, is solely your responsibility and not that of this forum or its owner. Before posting it is your responsibility you abide by this Statement

What's your opinion on food?

• Thread starter Thread starter 2-georgious-guineas
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.

2-georgious-guineas

Feeding my Guineas plenty of guinea pig mix and veg. Started of with carrots and they loved cucumber by the chunks and broccoli. Have tried dandelions and they seem to like the stork but not the flower. They love the grass and I have recently introduced tender leaf kurly kale which is their favourite up till now. My main question is what opinions do you have on carrots and cucumber? They seem to love the Cu but I read on an info page from the internet that cucumber can upset their stomach and make them very bloated - problem is they love it - what do I do? :-\

There are so many veggies that piggies can have it's a good idea to vary them as much as possible. You also have to be careful as some veggies contain minerals/vitamins that can cause trouble in large quantities. Cucumber is watery but can be fed regularly once your pigs are used to eating it. Kale should be fed in moderation as large amounts can cause bladder stones.

There is a great list on this page - http://www.guineapigcages.com/forum...cavys-diet-read-me-nutrition-charts-info.html - of veggies and fruits. It is colour coded to show you how often you can feed what. Hope that helps a bit!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back