• Discussions taking place within this forum are intended for the purpose of assisting you in discussing options with your vet. Any other use of advice given here is done so at your risk, is solely your responsibility and not that of this forum or its owner. Before posting it is your responsibility you abide by this Statement

What's wrong with I'm?

• Thread starter Thread starter gisaafp
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
G

gisaafp

Hello!
First of all, I have to warn you my English is very bad.
My Guinea Pig, Gandhi, always make a sharp sound when he wants some food. But now I notice in him some difficulties of doing it. It sounds like he is aphonic and he only can make sounds less resonant.
What kind of problem can he have?
Gisela

It means loss of voice :)

Are you sure there is something wrong with him? My girls used to wheek a lot but they don't anymore they are perfectly ok in themselves. :)

Is he eating and moving normally?.Are the eyes clear and is their any discharge from the nostril?

Have a good rummage through his hair and see if there is any dandruff or scrurf, because sometimes a fungal infestation of the the skin can spread to the throat.

Guinea pigs do have a large range of sounds,so maybe this is just a new sound he is making.

Welcome to the board.

He as parasiteson his hair, but is not fungus. Is a parasite that is white on the black hair and dark on the White hair. The vet is waiting for the product to put in him.
Besides that problem he is completely healthy. He is not fat (950gr), he eats normally and moves normally. His eyes are normal.
His vet had a baby and can't see him now, that's why I am so worried.

SunshineAndTwinkle said:
It means loss of voice :)

Are you sure there is something wrong with him? My girls used to wheek a lot but they don't anymore they are perfectly ok in themselves. :)
He doesn't stop wheeking, he just can't do it.

I called his vet and she is going to see him tomorrow.

Welcome to the board.
It is best to let your vet see him. The same thing happened with my boar Lennie quite a while back. I had used a different hay as I ran out of my usual one and when I changed back, his wheek came back to normal, so possibly if the hay is dusty or if you use sawdust?
Like I said though, let your vet see him to be sure :)

I don't use sawdust because a pig that died a few months ago got allergic to that. I use newspaper. They love it because they can hide there. I have to change it almost every day, but I prefer.
The hay is the same, but sometimes I notice differences in different bags of the same mark.
Let's see what she says.

I don't know what AWW means... Is not on the dictionary Portuguese-English ::)

Aww isnt a proper word, it is a sound we make perhaps just before we say something is cute or also if we feel sorry about something ;)

lavenderjade said:
Aww isnt a proper word, it is a sound we make perhaps just before we say something is cute or also if we feel sorry about something ;)
I understand now thanks ;)

You are doing very well with your English, I cannot speak any Portugese ;D

lavenderjade said:
You are doing very well with your English, I cannot speak any Portugese ;D
I can teach you writting :D

My English is good because of that and your "Spell Check" ;D

Hello again!
I went to the vet yesterday that couldn't see anything in Gandhi that could cause this.
I'm going to pay attention to any change.

He is sleepping now :-X
The sound continues, is a little scary when he asks for food ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back