What’s Up With Little Felix?

Ruby Fawn

Junior Guinea Pig
Reaction score
My little guy, Felix is 2 months old and we got him about 3 weeks ago. He’s been squeaking like CRAZY everyday! I’m not concerned, I’m just wondering why.

If he is a single, then it is mostly likely attention seeking behaviour because he feels lonely and bored. A companion should help with that; ideally one that Felix can choose.

Is it like a squeal? or is it wheeking? (youtube wheeking and you'll see if you aren't sure). Squealing can be pain or submission, wheeking is usually the "feed me" alarm... they soon learn to do it everytime they hear a bag rustle, the knife on the chopping board, the fridge opening or even just the sound of your voice :))

Is it like a squeal? or is it wheeking? (youtube wheeking and you'll see if you aren't sure). Squealing can be pain or submission, wheeking is usually the "feed me" alarm... they soon learn to do it everytime they hear a bag rustle, the knife on the chopping board, the fridge opening or even just the sound of your voice :))
Oh it’s definitely wheeking

Oh it’s definitely wheeking

Wheeking is usually a good sign... some piggies are just much more vocal than others. My Daisy could give anyone a headache the way she carries on when she see's a human. I swear she has FOMO (fear of missing out)

Back