What’s the best guinea pig cage?

A Guinea Pig

Teenage Guinea Pig
Reaction score
Hello fellow slaves,

The royalty of my house is just such high maintenance! I really need some help for when I get a new cage!

So, I have a 2 by 8 C&C cage that is on the ground of my home. I will be remodeling the house to look more modern soon and the piggies no matter how pretty they are can’t keep living where they are. They also have to get a cage that is bigger and off of the ground. I'm using a Kavee cage right now, but it is going to be expensive to get a 2 by 12 C&C that is off of the ground also?

Any good cage brands that are that large?

I don't think there are any cages that are a 2 by 12 C&C grid cage that isn't made out of C&C grids. I put my piggies up on a couple of IKEA trofast units like these: TROFAST Storage combination with boxes, white/white, 39x173/8x22" - IKEA

I put them back to back and they keep most of my piggy things in the storage bins. The cages are not too tall when they are at this height. Or you can try putting their house on a table.

Is it possible to make your grids a different shape? Like 4 by 6 or 3 by 8? Those would both equal 24 square feet like the 2 by 12 that you would like to have.

I don't think there are any cages that are a 2 by 12 C&C grid cage that isn't made out of C&C grids. I put my piggies up on a couple of IKEA trofast units like these: TROFAST Storage combination with boxes, white/white, 39x173/8x22" - IKEA

I put them back to back and they keep most of my piggy things in the storage bins. The cages are not too tall when they are at this height. Or you can try putting their house on a table.

Is it possible to make your grids a different shape? Like 4 by 6 or 3 by 8? Those would both equal 24 square feet like the 2 by 12 that you would like to have.

That’s a good idea.

I used this thread to help me find some grids for bonding piggies. To be honest, I did not make my guinea pig cage out of grids. I made mine out of plexiglass and wood so my youngest could see the piggies, but not touch them or their poos.

Which C&c Grids Are Piggy Safe?

I just ordered some off of Amazon and made sure I counted the grid holes and looked at the measurements.

Back