What would be best?

• Thread starter Thread starter Lynzxx
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
L

Lynzxx

Hi everyone,

I picked up my 2 new piggies on friday and they have been living out side with a snugglesafe at night, but I've looked at the weather and it's dropping to around -3 for the next few nights. I'm just wondering if to stuff the bed with loads of hay & straw and use the snugglesafe at night or bring them into the house over night as I have an indoor cage for emergencies?

If I bring them in though for the night, should they go back out during the day? I don't know what to do for the best :-\

Thanks
Lyndsay

Hi Lyndsay,

If you bring them in then they will have to stay in until the warmer weather. Changes in temp can really affect them. Hope its not too cold tonight, I'm freezing here!

Louise
x

can they not be kept in permenatly? its lovely to see there faces all the time. x

sarsmccabe said:
can they not be kept in permenatly? its lovely to see there faces all the time. x
Yeah I keep my piggies outside in the summer and I only went out there to feed them but the moment I took them in for the winter I saw what great little personalitys they have :smitten:

Theres nothing better than going to bed at night and them realising there is no watching and they all decide to play and all you can here is the squeaks and noises as well play. its lovely. I couldnt have mine outside as i'd miss them to much. Mine are in my livingroom and my toddler can talk to them all day and my 5 month old seems fascinated by them. x

Oh yeah if you can have them in all the time than thats the best solution. Its just having them in then out can upset their systems.

Mine were outside in the summer and I transferred them to a shed in the autumn but for the winter I brought them in and now I'm in the process of making a piggy palace in my spare bedroom. I would miss them if they were outside now. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back