what the hell was that?

• Thread starter Thread starter shard25
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
S

shard25

Herbie made a very high pitched squeak earlier when i said hello to him i left the room and took him some sweetcorn and the left the room again and all of a sudden he made this high pitched squeak and i am not sure what it was.

It wasn't a long squeak just a short one i have never heard him do this before and wondered what it was and if anyone elses piggies have done this

mine squeak really loudly for no reason at all, duke opens his mouth slicks his ears right back and brings it up right from his toes and 'WHEEK!!' comes shooting out lol

Mine does that when its thunder and lightning. She was doing it earlier when the thunder was going :'(

our piggie in the house does that too. its so funny when she does it. i dont think its a sign of distress. she usually does it when you come and pay attention to her and then walk away. we've always said its like she's shouting at us to come back! She also does it when we go to bed and don't say night or give her a cuddle hehe! Don't think its anything to worry about. Just telling you to come and pay attention :D

My Colin does it when you rustle a carrier bag :D I think it might be connected to the fact that my mum and dad bring dandelions and grass round in a carrier bag when they visit... (I don't have a proper garden) :)

sarahp said:
My Colin does it when you rustle a carrier bag :D I think it might be connected to the fact that my mum and dad bring dandelions and grass round in a carrier bag when they visit... (I don't have a proper garden) :)

awww i bet they love the grandparents coming round! lol

ours do it every time they hear a plastic bag too but the hay is in a plastic bag even when we open the fridge and they hear plastic in there they think it is for them

Bluebelle shreiks sooo loudly whenever she hears me and she's always fine. she just wants to be fed and fussed ;D :) :smitten: :smitten:

aahhh right thank you all,

Herbie does seem to do it in the mornings as well I think it is his way of deamnding I come and see him and bring him his breakfast or fuss him. I was half asleep in bed this morning when he did it from the living room (he is an indoor guinea pig) and you can hear him very well trust me lol.

You can also hear him if you are on the phone to someone and he is trying to get your attention, I have been on the phone to my mum and she has said oh Herbie's ok today then is he, because she can hear him lol.

I am trying to figure out if he will ever chirp for me like some of you have been lucky to hear but I don't know yet. I am wondering what noise he sometimes makes now as it is know of a burring noise so I am not sure what that is.

Also I am going to make an appointmenton thursday for him to go and have his claws clipped and a general check up so I will keep you all informed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back