what size cage for 3 pigs

• Thread starter Thread starter cgibson
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
C

cgibson

can you tell me what size hutch you need for 3 girlis piggies?
my friend has give ne her 3 girlies to look after and they are in an outside wooden hutch
which is 4 foot by 16 inches
it is only a single storey cage with a bed bit at one end
and they look very cramped in it

can you tell me what size she needs and i will try and explain to her that she needs a bigger one.

The same size as that but two-story so they have double the space should be sufficent
Hope you manage to convince her that needs a better one. O0

i think the hutch should be 4ft by 2ft for two piggies your friends hutch is 4ft by 1ft,which is definatly too small for 3 piggies, they need alot of space, not sure what size is best, but i'm sure someone else will advise you.
If they by any chance start fighting amoungst themselves (which may or may not happen) it could be because they haven't got enough room to get away from eachother. They need lost of hidey places too, so they can hide if they want to. (also with 3's they sometimes won't all sleep together in the sleeping compartment so a pigloo or two is a good idea. Not sure the hutch is big enough for one though. She definatly needs a bigger hutch. two story ones are a great idea like racheylcg said.

A 6ft by 2ft single storey or a 4ft by 2ft double is what my Trios live in and are very happy with all the space ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back